Location: 6426 Montgomery Street, Rhinebeck, NY 12572
Cuisine: American, Organic
Hours: SUN-THU (11:30am-9pm); FRI-SAT (11:30am-10pm)
Website: www.terrapinrestaurant.com
Prices: $40/person (dinner)
Credit Cards: All major
Food: 10
Service: 10
Value: 8
Environment: 7
Frequency: Unique
Dinner reservations were at Terrapin, a restaurant that features an organic menu and promotes several local farms. Many of the items are vegetarian and can be prepared for vegans. I wish we had one of these closer to the city. I'm sure it would do very well.
I gave this place a rare 10 rating, which might be the first on this blog. We shared a fried calamari appetizer and I ordered the braised short ribs for my entree. It was one of the best meals I've ever had and I didn't even get a drink or dessert!
The service was also the best I've seen and even comparable to a vacation resort. The staff made everything comfortable. The waitress explained all of the dishes to us along with the chef's recommendations for options. She knew all of them off the top of her head. Our water glasses were never empty.
The place is pricey, so it's not an everyday restaurant, but it's worth every penny. All entrees are a good size and all ingredients are organic. If you support this place, you're also supporting the local farms.
The environment was very clean and well designed. The only negative is there are a lot of flies, but I noticed that all across Rhinebeck. So maybe it's a normal thing.

No comments:
Post a Comment