Saturday, April 28, 2012

The Teeth of Naros

Kingdoms of Amalur: Reckoning came out in February and already had 2 DLCs. Just a couple of weeks ago, they released a 3rd called The Teeth of Naros (ToN). So they've been doing a good job of keeping their new fans entertained. I worked from a previous save actually... the one before I completed the game. I heard that there were new blacksmithing materials to make more powerful weapons, so I wanted to play through the DLC before winning the game. So there will be a "Crystal Wars Reloaded" post sometime in the future!

The Teeth of Naros is a location South of the main map and it's a hidden land of giants called Kollossae. The theme is very much Greco-Roman as the Kollossae are into philosophy, theatre and warfare. Their appearance is even based on the classical statues. The garb they wear is colored in bright primaries like the Greek statues of the real world were once painted. ToN claimed to be a 20-hour adventure. The previous DLC, Legend of Dead Kel was advertised as 10-hour, but I felt like ToN was shorter for some reason. I was more into the new weapons and armor of course. The DLC featured 9 new armor sets (3 for warriors, 3 for rogues and 3 for wizards). They also added 2 weapons of each type and a bunch of magic rings. Then there's a new material called "primal," which unleashes a special magic that overrides opponents' resistance to elemental attacks. It's a ton of more powerful stuff to use on the main quest when the time comes!

No comments: