Hurricane Irene came and went. Fortunately, the photos above aren't that exciting. I just documented the "before" and "after," which almost look the same. There were no downed trees or power lines on my street. The rain started pouring last night and the winds sped up at about 1am. Heavy rains continued throughout the night, but seemed to stop abruptly at around 9am. The eye of the hurricane was supposed to stick around until 12pm, but it seems like it flew by much faster. It's still very windy right now, but the worst of it is over. If this was a weekday and I still lived in Congers, I'd probably keep up the paper airplane routine!
Sunday, August 28, 2011
Hurricane Irene
Hurricane Irene came and went. Fortunately, the photos above aren't that exciting. I just documented the "before" and "after," which almost look the same. There were no downed trees or power lines on my street. The rain started pouring last night and the winds sped up at about 1am. Heavy rains continued throughout the night, but seemed to stop abruptly at around 9am. The eye of the hurricane was supposed to stick around until 12pm, but it seems like it flew by much faster. It's still very windy right now, but the worst of it is over. If this was a weekday and I still lived in Congers, I'd probably keep up the paper airplane routine!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment