Saturday, June 26, 2010

Liam's 2nd Birthday

Today was a rare day that I wish I still lived in Manhattan. Liam's Birthday was 10:30am @ Inwood Hill Park... all the way at the Northern tip of Manhattan. I also had to time a pickup of an order of homemade lamingtons at 116th & Lenox. I was late to pickup the lamingtons because of construction on the 1/2/3 line, but somehow made it to the park @ just about 10:30. I also got off a stop too early.


I passed by Andrew & Joanne's apartment just as Andrew was about to head out, which was good timing because Joanne gave me a call to see if I could help Andrew with the rest of the food. We were able to stuff everything into a large box for the 2 of us to haul over. Liam was already there with a couple of his friends. As we arrived, I also saw some familiar faces in John, Francis Helen and Cary who I know through the Homework Help volunteer program.

A couple of days ago, the forecast for June 26 was intermittent thunderstorms. The forecast this morning moved the storms to 9pm and they never actually came. So we really lucked out with the weather. It turned out to be a perfect outdoor day for Liam's Birthday. The location by the lake was perfect and the ground was nice and dry for the kids to play on. It was a nice relaxing day of catching up with friends and playing with kids.

1 comment:

Joanne said...

Great photos and blog Kerwin. Thanks for coming!