Transcend 64 GB SSD
SSD (solid state drives) have been dropping in price, but not the PATA/IDE models for older computers. There was a Transcend model a few months ago on New Egg for $195. I thought that was an OK price and waited for it to go down as one of their daily specials. Instead, it got sold out. I put myself on the email alert, knowing I should've pulled the trigger on the purchase. I got the alert just last week and bought it right away.
Sager NP3750
My old laptop from 2003 is a 1.4 Ghz Centrino maxxed out at 1 GB RAM (shared memory architecture w/ 32 MB allocated to VRAM). It was the first widescreen laptop (yes... before Sony or Apple) and also first glossy screen released. Let me start by saying that I only spent this money for my own curiosity and knowledge and don't recommend this upgrade at all. Even if an SSD double my laptop speed, it's not worth $195 for a measly 64 GB. I could've gone with a 500 GB for under $100. But any computer or car enthusiast can vouch for the fact that we spend tons of money for slightest performance upgrade.
Stats
Cold Boot (powering on from the off state up to the logon screen)
1 minute 12 seconds
Windows Start (logon until all startup items have loaded)
1 minute 8 seconds
Photoshop CS (Photoshop startup & plugin load)
20 seconds
No comments:
Post a Comment