Location: 15901 Horace Harding Expressway, Flushing, NY 11365Cuisine: Chinese, Organic
Phone: (718) 358-6500
Website: www.queenshealthemporium.com
Prices: $11/person
Credit Cards: All major
Food: 8
Service: 7
Value: 7
Environment: 4
Frequency: Unique
Queens Health Emporium is actually a supermarket, but they have a built-in food stand and juice bar with limited seating. I went in just to compare prices with what I'm used to in Manhattan and Hoboken now that I'm experienced with organic shopping. For the grocery store itself, the prices are a lot higher for most products. It's surprising that Manhattan beats Queens with prices in the organic category, but I guess there aren't many groceries like this in Flushing. I picked up some apples and Amy's Burritos.
While I was there, I decided to check out the food stand. I've shopped here before, but never ordered food. So I thought I'd give it a shot. They basically have rice dishes where you choose 2-3 veggies along with it and some sandwich choices. I went for something simple... a vegan turkey sandwich. It really didn't look like anything special, but it was full of taste as they stuffed it with lemongrass and carrots. I'm not a big fan of carrots in sandwiches, but the combination they did somehow worked well together.
The service is pretty fast there. You basically place your order. Then you pay at the cashier with the rest of your groceries and then go back to the kitchen where the food is already done. The only negative is they don't seem to have everything on their menu every day. My first choice was actually an "unturkey" burger.
Prices are OK for organic foods. The rice dishes range from $6-7. Sandwiches are $5-6. Juices are about $4.
I didn't give the environment a high rating because it's a weird place to sit down and eat. It's a counter in the middle of a supermarket, so people will be walking around you and there isn't a lot of space.
No comments:
Post a Comment