Saturday, September 19, 2009

Boulder Creek

Location: 134-15 20th Ave. College Point, NY 11356
Cuisine: American
Phone: (718) 961-2900
Website: www.bouldercreekcollegepoint.com
Prices: about $25/person
Credit Cards: All major

Food: 9
Service: 8
Value: 8
Environment: 7

Frequency: Common

We rarely go for steak, so I chose Boulder Creek for my birthday dinner. I think the last time I went to a steakhouse was January of last year at Michael Jordan's! I made an early reservation because I remember the place getting packed in the past... even at 5:30. It was actually pretty empty when we got there, but filled up around 6:30. So they were affected by the recession a little, but their peak hours looked OK.


It's been a couple of years since eating at Boulder Creek, but the important thing is the food was still good. The service was still the same as before. Our waiter, Tyrone was very helpful and patient. One thing he did that I wish other restaurant would do is... he handed us a piece of paper with the specials. In other places, they would usually read everything quickly (and sometimes with a thick accent). This way, we all got a long look at the specials and knew the prices of all of them. The value is great at this steakhouse because the portions are satisfying... a medium sized steak with a prtty big bowl of salad and a side dish was $19.00. I'd say the average for a steak is $25-30.

For details on the food and event, please visit the Picasa album.

No comments: