Location: 69-09 Roosevelt Ave., Woodside, NY 11377Cuisine: Filipino
Hours: MON-TUE (11am-10pm); WED-THU (11am-12am); FRI (11am-2am); SAT (8am-2am); SUN 8am-10pm)
Phone: (718) 779-3272
Website: www.perlasnewyork.com
Prices: about $20/person
Credit Cards: Cash only
Food: 9
Service: 8
Value: 8
Environment: 5
Frequency: Uncommon
Our December dinner tonight celebrated Emily & Ben's Birthdays. We wanted to go for Filipino, but couldn't choose Ihawan because of it's early closing hours. I looked up the hours for Perlas ng Silangan and they close at 2am! It was a bit of a risk because I only ate here once and it wasn't that great. Still, I thought it was worth reevaluating because I had the buffet during a wedding reception. I was very impressed with the regular sit-down meal here and it even rivals Ihawan in taste. Please click on the photos in the slideshow for more detailed descriptions of the dishes.
The restaurant space was pretty comfortable, especially for a location on Roosevelt Ave. in Woodside. Typically, restaurants on that street are very cramped. The space an acoustics made up for the lack of decor and poorly maintained bathrooms.
The service was good overall. The staff handled the large order without error. They were confused at first when we mentioned that we wanted to order family style. I was surprised by that because I would think most people eat that way here. The bill was also accurate and sans mistakes.
So it seems like we have a new favorite Filipino restaurant and could see this place a lot more in the future. Their schedule and location are perfect for our monthly gatherings.
No comments:
Post a Comment