Saturday, September 10, 2011

Visiting the MacDonalds

Andrew and Joanne will be moving back to Australia in October, so I was happy I could get together this them over the weekend. I wasn't able to make it up there in the beginning of the Summer since I had so many out of town guests, but things have slowed down since then.


Everything worked out well today. I had to work early in the morning at 6am, but finished at a reasonable time (8:30am). I left the house at about 9:15am because there were a lot of variables that could have slowed me down. There's the usual slowness of the Q12 bus, possible 7 train slowdown because of US Open traffic and typical weekend MTA construction. Everything went error free through. The bus came right away, which is rare for a weekend. The 7 was normal. I took that to Times Square to pick up a Junior's Cheesecake at 45th St. Then I headed over to the A line. Last time I went over their place, I remembered the A was really bad and took about an hour including wait time. This time, I had a surprisingly short wait and it went all the way through without delay. I was in Inwood by 10:50am. That much earlier than I expected, so I walked around a bit and came across a nice farmer's market. I looked around a bit and picked up some organic apple cider and apple cider donuts.

I still made it to the apartment early, which meant extra playtime with Liam. And I had lots of time to catchup with Andrew and Joanne, who I haven't seen for about a year. The change in routine threw off Liam's schedule though as he missed his nap time. Even after multiple walks and running around the apartment, he was still full of energy!

No comments: