So the system is still a work in progress. It's physically complete. The next step is just to figure out why it doesn't turn on. If it's not a problem with the motherboard, then the system is still OK. After that, I'll install some basic software on it and see how it runs compared to the single processor 1 Ghz P-III it's supposed to replace.
Sunday, October 10, 2010
Dual P-III (Part 1)
Uncle Bock dropped off his old computer last week since he just upgraded to a much more powerful one. I always take in computers about to be tossed. If anything, the screws are useful to me at the very least. I still had a bunch of spare parts because one of my old systems that died had good parts. Uncle Bock's computer had a good motherboard with dual Pentium-III, but all the accessories are basic. Click on the Picasa album below for more details.
So the system is still a work in progress. It's physically complete. The next step is just to figure out why it doesn't turn on. If it's not a problem with the motherboard, then the system is still OK. After that, I'll install some basic software on it and see how it runs compared to the single processor 1 Ghz P-III it's supposed to replace.
So the system is still a work in progress. It's physically complete. The next step is just to figure out why it doesn't turn on. If it's not a problem with the motherboard, then the system is still OK. After that, I'll install some basic software on it and see how it runs compared to the single processor 1 Ghz P-III it's supposed to replace.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment